|Editor-in-Chief:||Dorothy E. Leidner, Baylor University USA|
|Past Editor-in-Chief:||Suprateek Sarker, University of Virginia, USA||Shirley Gregor, The Australian National University, Australia|
|Kalle Lyytinen, Case Western Reserve University, USA|
|Sirkka Jarvenpaa, University of Texas, Austin, USA|
|Phillip Ein-Dor, Tel Aviv University, Israel|
The Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS), the flagship journal of the Association for Information Systems, publishes the highest quality scholarship in the field of information systems. It is inclusive in topics, level and unit of analysis, theory, method and philosophical and research approach, reflecting all aspects of Information Systems globally. The Journal promotes innovative, interesting and rigorously developed conceptual and empirical contributions and encourages theory based multi- or inter-disciplinary research.
Call for Papers: Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS) -MISQ Executive (MISQE) Joint Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence in Organizations: Opportunities for Management and Implications for IS Research Submission Deadline February 1, 2020
Call for Papers: Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS) Pre-ICIS Theory Development Workshop 2019 Submission Deadline September 29, 2019
Awards and Honors
2018 JAIS Best Paper Award
Emotional Attachment, Performance, and Viability in Teams Collaborating with Embodied Physical Action (EPA) Robots. Sangseok You, Lionel P. Robert Jr.
Call For Papers
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Smart Service, Smart Business, Smart Research Submission closed
- Call for Papers: Addressing Societal Challenges through Analytics, Submission closed
- Call for Papers: Opportunities and Challenges of Blockchain Technology , Submission closed
- Call For Papers - Accumulation and Evolution of Knowledge in Design Science Research, Submission closed
- Call For Papers - Advances in Qualitative IS Research Methodologies, Submission closed
(Please indicate in your cover letter that your manuscript is for a special issue.)
Past Special Issues
- ICT Challenges and Opportunities in Building a 'Bright Society' - Published February 2018
- Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D): The Next Grand Challenge for IS Research - Published December 2017
- Information Systems Solutions for Environmental Sustainability - Published August 2016.
- The Role of Information Systems in Enabling Open Innovation - Published November 2014.
- Methods, Tools, and Measurement in NeuroIS Research - Published October 2014.
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published April 2014
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published May 2014
Current Issue: Volume 20, Issue 9 (2019)
Self-Organizing in Blockchain Infrastructures: Generativity Through Shifting Objectives and Forking
Jonas Valbjørn Andersen and Claire Ingram Bogusz
Blockchain for the IoT: Privacy-Preserving Protection of Sensor Data
Mathieu Chanson, Andreas Bogner, Dominik Bilgeri, Elgar Fleisch, and Felix Wortmann
Business on Chain: A Comparative Case Study of Five Blockchain-Inspired Business Models
Alain Yee Loong Chong, Eric T. K. Lim, Xiuping Hua, Shuning Zheng, and Chee-Wee Tan
Blockchain Research in Information Systems: Current Trends and an Inclusive Future Research Agenda
Matti Rossi, Christoph Mueller-Bloch, Jason Bennett Thatcher, and Roman Beck
Response or Comment
Scholarly Commentaries on Hirschheim’s “Against Theory”
Dirk S. Hovorka, Frantz Rowe, Lynne Markus, Sirkka Jarvenpaa, E. Burton Swanson, Mary Lacity, Andrew Burton-Jones, Viswanath Venkatesh, and Rudy Hirschheim