|Editor-in-Chief:||Dorothy E. Leidner, Baylor University USA|
|Past Editor-in-Chief:||Suprateek Sarker, University of Virginia, USA||Shirley Gregor, The Australian National University, Australia|
|Kalle Lyytinen, Case Western Reserve University, USA|
|Sirkka Jarvenpaa, University of Texas, Austin, USA|
|Phillip Ein-Dor, Tel Aviv University, Israel|
The Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS), the flagship journal of the Association for Information Systems, publishes the highest quality scholarship in the field of information systems. It is inclusive in topics, level and unit of analysis, theory, method and philosophical and research approach, reflecting all aspects of Information Systems globally. The Journal promotes innovative, interesting and rigorously developed conceptual and empirical contributions and encourages theory based multi- or inter-disciplinary research.
Call for Papers: Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS) -MISQ Executive (MISQE) Joint Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence in Organizations: Opportunities for Management and Implications for IS Research Submission Deadline February 1, 2020
Call for Papers: Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS) Pre-ICIS Theory Development Workshop 2019 Submission Deadline September 29, 2019
Awards and Honors
2018 JAIS Best Paper Award
Emotional Attachment, Performance, and Viability in Teams Collaborating with Embodied Physical Action (EPA) Robots. Sangseok You, Lionel P. Robert Jr.
Call For Papers
- Call for Papers: Special Issue on Smart Service, Smart Business, Smart Research Submission closed
- Call for Papers: Addressing Societal Challenges through Analytics, Submission closed
- Call For Papers - Accumulation and Evolution of Knowledge in Design Science Research, Submission closed
- Call For Papers - Advances in Qualitative IS Research Methodologies, Submission closed
(Please indicate in your cover letter that your manuscript is for a special issue.)
Past Special Issues
- Opportunities and Challenges of Blockchain Technology - Published September 2019
- ICT Challenges and Opportunities in Building a 'Bright Society' - Published February 2018
- Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D): The Next Grand Challenge for IS Research - Published December 2017
- Information Systems Solutions for Environmental Sustainability - Published August 2016.
- The Role of Information Systems in Enabling Open Innovation - Published November 2014.
- Methods, Tools, and Measurement in NeuroIS Research - Published October 2014.
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published April 2014
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published May 2014
Current Issue: Volume 20, Issue 12 (2019)
Generally Speaking, Context Matters: Making the Case for a Change from Universal to Particular ISP Research
Sal Aurigemma and Thomas Mattson
Mobile Health (mHealth) Channel Preference: An Integrated Perspective of Approach-Avoidance Beliefs and Regulatory Focus
Liwei Chen, Aaron Baird, and Arun Rai
The Role of Evaluability Bias and the Fairness Effect in the Escalation of Commitment to Troubled Software Product Development Projects
Jong Seok Lee, Mark Keil, and Sang Cheol Park
Integrating Cognition with an Affective Lens to Better Understand Information Security Policy Compliance
Dustin Ormond, Merrill Warkentin, and Robert E. Crossler
Design Science Research in Doctoral Projects: An Analysis of Australian Theses
Aileen Cater-Steel, Mark Toleman, and Mohammad Mehdi Rajaeian
A Field-Based View on Gender in the Information Systems Discipline: Preliminary Evidence and an Agenda for Change
Babita Gupta, Eleanor T. Loiacono, Iaroslava (Gloria) Dutchak, and Jason Bennett Thatcher