|Editor-in-Chief:||Suprateek Sarker, University of Virginia, USA|
|Past Editor-in-Chief:||Shirley Gregor, The Australian National University, Australia|
|Kalle Lyytinen, Case Western Reserve University, USA|
|Sirkka Jarvenpaa, University of Texas, Austin, USA|
|Phillip Ein-Dor, Tel Aviv University, Israel|
The Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS), the flagship journal of the Association for Information Systems, publishes the highest quality scholarship in the field of information systems. It is inclusive in topics, level and unit of analysis, theory, method and philosophical and research approach, reflecting all aspects of Information Systems globally. The Journal promotes innovative, interesting and rigorously developed conceptual and empirical contributions and encourages theory based multi- or inter-disciplinary research.
New submission deadline for Special Issue on Advances in Qualitative IS Research Methodologies: April 1st, 2017 Please note that all manuscripts for the special issue shall be submitted through the JAIS system: mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jais. While submitting, please indicate in the cover letter that the manuscript is for the special issue.
Awards and Honors
2015 JAIS Best Paper Award
Seeing for Understanding: Unlocking the Potential of Visual Research in Information Systems. Antonio Diaz Andrade, Cathy Urquhart, Tiru S. Arthanari
Call For Papers
- Call For Papers - Advances in Qualitative IS Research Methodologies, See CFP for submission details and deadlines
- Call For Papers - ICT Challenges and Opportunities in Building a 'Bright Society', Submissions closed.
- Call For Papers - Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D): The Next Grand Challenge for IS Research, Submissions closed.
(Please indicate in your cover letter that your manuscript is for a special issue.)
Past Special Issues
- Information Systems Solutions for Environmental Sustainability - Published August 2016.
- The Role of Information Systems in Enabling Open Innovation - Published November 2014.
- Methods, Tools, and Measurement in NeuroIS Research - Published October 2014.
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published April 2014
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published May 2014
Current Issue: Volume 18, Issue 3 (2017)
Political Maneuvering During Business Process Transformation: A Pluralist Approach
Sune D. Müller, Lars Mathiassen, Carol Saunders, and Pernille Kræmmergaard
Management Misinformation Systems: A Time to Revisit?
Kalle Lyytinen and Varun Grover
The Online Waiting Experience: Using Temporal Information and Distractors to Make Online Waits Feel Shorter
Younghwa (Gabe) Lee, Andrew N.K. Chen, and Traci Hess