|Editor-in-Chief:||Suprateek Sarker, University of Virginia, USA|
|Past Editor-in-Chief:||Shirley Gregor, The Australian National University, Australia|
|Kalle Lyytinen, Case Western Reserve University, USA|
|Sirkka Jarvenpaa, University of Texas, Austin, USA|
|Phillip Ein-Dor, Tel Aviv University, Israel|
The Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS), the flagship journal of the Association for Information Systems, publishes the highest quality scholarship in the field of information systems. It is inclusive in topics, level and unit of analysis, theory, method and philosophical and research approach, reflecting all aspects of Information Systems globally. The Journal promotes innovative, interesting and rigorously developed conceptual and empirical contributions and encourages theory based multi- or inter-disciplinary research.
Awards and Honors
2016 JAIS Best Paper Award
Inconsistent and Incongruent Frames During IT-enabled Change: An Action Research Study into Sales Process Innovation. Brett W. Young, Lars Mathiassen, Elizabeth Davidson
Call For Papers
- Call for Papers: Addressing Societal Challenges through Analytics See CFP for submission details and deadlines
- Call for Papers: Opportunities and Challenges of Blockchain Technology See CFP for submission details and deadlines
- Call For Papers - Accumulation and Evolution of Knowledge in Design Science Research, See CFP for submission details and deadlines
- Call For Papers - Advances in Qualitative IS Research Methodologies, Submission closed
- Call For Papers - ICT Challenges and Opportunities in Building a 'Bright Society', Submissions closed.
- Call For Papers - Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D): The Next Grand Challenge for IS Research, Submissions closed.
(Please indicate in your cover letter that your manuscript is for a special issue.)
Past Special Issues
- Information Systems Solutions for Environmental Sustainability - Published August 2016.
- The Role of Information Systems in Enabling Open Innovation - Published November 2014.
- Methods, Tools, and Measurement in NeuroIS Research - Published October 2014.
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published April 2014
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published May 2014
Current Issue: Volume 18, Issue 9 (2017)
The Role of Business Intelligence and Communication Technologies in Organizational Agility: A Configurational Approach
YoungKi Park, Omar A. El Sawy, and Peer Fiss
Goals, Values, and Expectations of the AIS Family of Journals
Carol Saunders, Sue Brown, Bendik Bygstad, Alan Dennis, Carlos Ferran, Dennis F. Galletta, Ting-Peng Liang, Paul Benjamin Lowry, Jan Recker, and Suprateek Sarker