|Editor-in-Chief:||Suprateek Sarker, University of Virginia, USA|
|Past Editor-in-Chief:||Shirley Gregor, The Australian National University, Australia|
|Kalle Lyytinen, Case Western Reserve University, USA|
|Sirkka Jarvenpaa, University of Texas, Austin, USA|
|Phillip Ein-Dor, Tel Aviv University, Israel|
The Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS), the flagship journal of the Association for Information Systems, publishes the highest quality scholarship in the field of information systems. It is inclusive in topics, level and unit of analysis, theory, method and philosophical and research approach, reflecting all aspects of Information Systems globally. The Journal promotes innovative, interesting and rigorously developed conceptual and empirical contributions and encourages theory based multi- or inter-disciplinary research.
Awards and Honors
2015 JAIS Best Paper Award
Seeing for Understanding: Unlocking the Potential of Visual Research in Information Systems. Antonio Diaz Andrade, Cathy Urquhart, Tiru S. Arthanari
Call For Papers
- Call For Papers - Advances in Qualitative IS Research Methodologies, See CFP for submission details and deadlines
- Call For Papers - ICT Challenges and Opportunities in Building a 'Bright Society', Submissions closed.
- Call For Papers - Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D): The Next Grand Challenge for IS Research, Submissions closed.
(Please indicate in your cover letter that your manuscript is for a special issue.)
Past Special Issues
- Information Systems Solutions for Environmental Sustainability - Published August 2016.
- The Role of Information Systems in Enabling Open Innovation - Published November 2014.
- Methods, Tools, and Measurement in NeuroIS Research - Published October 2014.
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published April 2014
- Innovation in Information Infrastructures (III) - Published May 2014
Current Issue: Volume 17, Issue 12 (2016)
Enhancing Analysts’ Mental Models for Improving Requirements Elicitation: A Two-stage Theoretical Framework and Empirical Results
Padmal Vitharana, Fatemeh "Miriam" Zahedi, and Hemant K. Jain