- Who Can Submit?
- How to Submit
- Submission Checklist
- Copyright Notice
- Privacy Statement
- Rights for Authors and AIS Electronic Library (AISeL)
Scope of MIS Quarterly Executive
For more information, please see MIS Quarterly Executive Mission and Scope page.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in MIS Quarterly Executive provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
How to Submit
Website Manuscripts can be submitted electronically by clicking here.
This is the preferred method of submission. By submitting a manuscript through the website, you will be able to login and check the status of your submission.
E-mail Manuscripts can also be submitted via e-mail in case there is a problem with the website. This e-mail should be sent to the Managing Editor with the manuscript and a cover letter attached. The cover letter should include:
- the names and e-mail addresses of all authors
- the authors' preference of Senior Editor (see the Editors page ) to review the manuscript.
- the names of potential reviewers (and their e-mail addresses if the potential reviewers are not members of the Editorial Board). See the Review Process for more information about nominating reviewers.
- the authors' preference for review format, either open or double blind. See the Review Process for more information on open versus double blind reviews.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Paper is formatted according to format guidelines.
- Paper has not been published by nor is under review at another journal or as a book or book chapter.
- If the paper has been presented at a conference or published in conference proceedings this should be noted in the acknowledgements.
- Author(s) name on first page only.
- The comments for the editor in the submission form nominates senior editor and reviewers, and proposes the review format.
- Any necessary legal permission for publication has been obtained from the case organization.
- Author(s) agree to allow MISQE to edit accepted manuscripts prior to publication.
Articles accepted for publication in MISQE are copyrighted by Management Information Systems Research Center (MISRC) of the University of Minnesota. Authors of accepted papers will be expected to sign copyright release forms prior to publication of their article. If you are writing about development of material for a company as a contractor, supervisor, employee, or other representative and they "own" this material, be sure well ahead of time they are willing to transfer the copyright. The submission of a manuscript to MISQE requires that all authors agree to the submission and will agree to sign copyright release forms and that all authors may be included in any communication between MISQE and the authors. Permission to make digital or hard copies of all or part of an MIS Quarterly Executive article for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage. Copyright for components of this work owned by others than MISRC must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted. To copy otherwise, to publish, to post on servers, or to redistribute to lists requires prior specific permission and/or fee. Request permission to publish from Tony Gerth at . Please see the AIS Request for Reproduction of an Article Form. https://aisnet.org/resource/resmgr/ais_office/Article_Reprint_Permission_f.pdf
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Rights for Authors and AIS Electronic Library (AISeL)
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of AIS Electronic Library (AISeL), requires credit to AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) as copyright holder (e.g., AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) © 2019).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Use of the article for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) website and/or software agree not to misuse the AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) service or software in any way.
The failure of AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.