About This Journal
BISE (Business & Information Systems Engineering) is an international scholarly and double-blind peer reviewed journal that publishes scientific research on the effective and efficient design and utilization of information systems by individuals, groups, enterprises, and society for the improvement of social welfare. Information systems are understood as socio-technical systems comprising tasks, people, and information technology. Research published in the journal examines relevant problems in the analysis, design, implementation, and management of information systems.
BISE has been the flagship journal of the German-language Information Systems community for almost 60 years. It is now one of the leading European journals in the field. BISE is sponsored by the Section “Information Systems” (Wirtschaftsinformatik, WKWI) of the German Association for Business Research (VHB) and the special interest group “Business Informatics” (GI-FB WI) of the Gesellschaft für Informatik e. V. (GI) with more than 1200 members. BISE is also an affiliated journal of the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
Topics covered in BISE include:
- Business Process Management
- Computational Methods and Decision Support Systems
- Economics of Information Systems
- Enterprise Modeling and Business Ecosystems
- Human Computer Interaction and Social Computing
- Information Systems Engineering and Technology
- Management and Use of Information and Knowledge