Welcome to the proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. The 782 papers published in this year’s proceedings demonstrate again the vitality of HICSS as a scientific venue where ideas meet and science speaks. As an innovation, and whenever relevant, HICSS will host an Invited Track to foster inter-disciplinary synergy within the scientific community with interest in information technology. This year, we have the pleasure to host the 31-st Annual conference on Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEE&T), co-chaired by Nancy Mead and Daniel Port.
The collective wisdom by 2,099 authors exhibits a truly comprehensive and forward-looking set of research topics. Researchers will find in this 8,000-page-rich proceedings an invaluable resource for their research.
For those who are able to attend the conference, they will also be able to interact face-to-face with 92 leaders in charge of 36 symposia, workshops and tutorials that deal with the research pillars that HICSS is known for:
- Digital transformation
- Blockchain in business
- Artificial Intelligence and its applications
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- IT and Healthcare
- IT and Society
- Innovation and Sustainability
- Information security and privacy
- Research Methodologies in Practice
I would like to acknowledge the co-creation of HICSS-52 by HICSS community. HICSS-52 has benefited from the participation of:
- Two keynote speakers: Dr. Todd Coleman, Professor at Department of Bioengineering, UC San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering who will share his research on technological innovation that helps advance population health, and Dr. Ramesh Gopinath, Vice President of IBM Blockchain Solutions who will shed light on the application of blockchain in various business domains;
- 2,099 authors of 782 research papers addressing a broach-ranging set of topics
- 2,248 reviewers;
- 412 Minitrack Chairs;
- 21 Track Chairs; and
- Dedicated staff at the Information Technology Department of the Shidler College of Business, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Every member of HICSS O’hana has contributed to the growth of HICSS. The number of downloads from our last two proceedings distributed through ScholarSpace at the University of Hawaii library and AIS eLibrary have just reached 500,000. Microsoft Academic identified over 4,000 conferences in all fields from conference proceedings published on the web and ranks HICSS as #41 as far as impact is concerned.
We are looking forward to continue working with the community of researchers to advance the mission of HICSS – that is to provide a venue where ideas meet and science speaks.
Tung Bui, Conference Chair
Conference Location: Grand Wailea, Hawaii
Conference Date: January 8 - 11, 2019
Copyright: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
Browse the contents of Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2019 (HICSS-52):
- Software Technology
- Software Engineering Education and Training
- Organizational Systems and Technology
- Knowledge Innovation and Entrepreneurial Systems
- Internet and the Digital Economy
- Information Technology in Healthcare
- Electric Energy Systems
- Digital and Social Media
- Digital Government
- Decision Analytics, Mobile Services, and Service Science
- Collaboration Systems and Technologies