AMCIS 2020 – Our methods have changed. Our mission hasn’t.
The AMCIS 2020 Conference Committee and schedule offers many opportunities for attendees to engage with peers. At a time when community is more important than ever, AMCIS 2020 is a great opportunity to engage with colleagues from around the globe. We look forward to sharing our unique approach to a virtual conference with you!
We invited the submission of full completed research papers, Emergent Research Forum (ERF) papers, Professional Development Symposia (PDS), panels, workshops and Technology Research, Education, and Opinion (TREO) talk sessions to the 26th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2020), which will be held August 10-14, 2020. AMCIS 2020 brings together academics and industry professionals around the world to exchange knowledge related to the AMCIS 2020 theme, A Vision for the Future.
AMCIS 2020 provides exciting opportunities for participation, collaboration, and dialogue related to the conference theme, A Vision for the Future. A vision describes where we want to be or what we hope to achieve. We look forward to exchanging ideas about digital technologies, their interaction with people and processes, and how and when they can lead to organizational innovation and transformation. More broadly, how do we envision our role as academics and practitioners in documenting versus driving this innovation and transformation?
We looked for submissions that would create, identify, and frame a vision for the future of information technology in industry and academia. With you, we present an exciting program that draws upon the best of SIG-driven AMCIS traditions and continues successful initiatives such as the Emergent Research Forums and Technology Research, Education, and Opinion Talks. The Program Chairs are committed to offering you a program that allows us all to experience what fun it can be to work in this incredible discipline of ours!
Bonnie Anderson, Brigham Young University
Jason Thatcher, Temple University
Rayman Meservy, Brigham Young University, Emeritus
Kathy Chudoba, Utah State University
Kelly Fadel, Utah State University
Sue Brown, University of Arizona
Browse the contents of AMCIS 2020 Proceedings:
- Accounting Information Systems (SIGASYS)
- Adoption and Diffusion of Information Technology (SIGADIT)
- Advances in Information Systems Research
- AI and Semantic Technologies for Intelligent Information Systems (SIGODIS)
- Cognitive Research in IS (SIGCORE)
- Culture in Information Systems (SIG Culture)
- Data Science and Analytics for Decision Support (SIGDSA)
- Digital Agility
- Global Development (SIG GlobDev)
- Global, International and Cross Cultural Research in Info System (SIGCCRIS)
- Green IS and Sustainability (SIGGreen)
- Healthcare Informatics & Health Information Tech (SIGHealth)
- Human-Computer Interaction (SIGHCI)
- Information Security and Privacy (SIGSEC)
- IS in Education, IS Curriculum, Education and Teaching Cases (SIGED)
- IS Leadership and the IT Profession (SIGLEAD)
- IT Project Management (SIG ITProjMgmt)
- Meta-Research in Information Systems
- Organizational Transformation & Information Systems (SIGORSA)
- Philosophy in Information Systems (SIGPHIL)
- Social Computing
- Social Inclusion and Socio-Technical Issues (SIGSI)
- Spanish, Portuguese, and Latin America (LACAIS Chapter)
- Strategic and Competitive Uses of IT
- Systems Analysis and Design (SIGSAND)
- Virtual Communities and Collaboration (VCC)