AMCIS 2013 ISBN: 978-0-615-55907-0
The 19th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) features the theme, "Hyperconnected World: Anything, Anywhere, Anytime". In a rapidly globalizing information society, the "Hyperconnected World" has become increasingly prevalent in our daily lives.
The AMCIS 2013 conference is not possible without the participation by a Program TEAM, which includes Program Chairs, Track Chairs, Minitrack Chairs, Authors, Reviewers, Session Chairs, Panelists, and Presenters.
Authors were able to submit their papers to one of 28 tracks that were comprised of 139 minitracks. Further, panels were also solicited for the program and proceedings.
Highlights of the AMCIS 2013 program include:
- 345 Completed Research papers presented in 113 General Presentation Sessions
- 173 Research-in-Progress papers presented in 35 Roundtable Sessions
- 8 Panel Sessions
- 3 Industry Panel Sessions
- 5 Special Sessions: "Meet with the Deans"; "Open Textbook, Digitizing Textbook, and eText: Trends, Business Model, and Future"; “Global Premier IS Programs”; "Gartner" Demonstration; "BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Device) to the Classroom" Demonstration
A newly introduced format for AMCIS 2013 is the inclusion of roundtable sessions rather than posters session. Each roundtable consists of five (5) research-in-progress papers accepted through the double-blind review process. The papers are presented by authors for sharing ideas and discussing topics of mutual interest, such as research in a specific area. We hope you will consider participating in a roundtable discussion during the conference.
As Program Chairs, we hope that all of you enjoy a rewarding and informative AMCIS 2013 experience in the city of Chicago.
JP Shim, Yujong Hwang, and Stacie Petter
AMCIS 2013 Program Chairs
- Accounting Information Systems
- Adoption and Diffusion of Information Technology
- Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- Data Quality and Information Quality
- eBusiness and eCommerce
- End-User Information Systems, Innovation, and Organizational Change
- Enterprise Systems
- Global, International, and Cross Cultural Issues in Information Systems
- Green IS and Sustainability
- Health Information Systems/Technology
- Human Capital in Information Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- ICTs and Sustainable Development in the Caribbean
- ICTs in Global Development
- Intelligence and Intelligent Systems
- Information Systems in Education, IS Curriculum, Education and Teaching Cases
- Information Systems Philosophy
- Information Systems Security, Assurance, and Privacy
- Information Systems Usage and Application in Asia
- IT Project Management
- Research Methods
- Service Systems
- Social-Technical Issues and Social Inclusion Track
- Spanish and Portuguese Language
- Strategic and Competitive Use of Information Technology
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Virtual Communities and Virtual Worlds